London england online dating dating site for architects
In 1841, the walls and ceiling of the church were renovated in the Victorian Gothic style.
Still, it's a lovely Gothic-Romanesque church, whose chancel ("the Oblong," dating from 1240) has been accused of perfection.
It also functions as an Anglican parish church, with regular worship services and choir performancesconducted here.
The head of the church bears the title "Master of the Temple," after the head of the order of the Knights Templar.
In the mid-12th century, the Knights Templar or Red Knights (so called after the red crosses they wore) had their London headquarters at a site in High Holborn.
But by the 1160s, the order outgrew the original site and purchased property near Fleet Street for establishment of a larger monastic compound.